Monday 1 October 2018

Day 18

I have crossed more than 15 days and i am looking forward to completing this challenge, full 365 days. I got up really late today, around 1 in the afternoon. Since I have come to JNU, i have seen many people who criticise me for  waking up late as if I am wasting my whole day.
I don’t get it, if i slept around 7 in the morning, how can one wake up at 9 in the morning or whatever is their standard of getting up on time!! I was having a conversation about this with a  friend recently and he said people judge you by your routines. How can one tag a person as less ambitious or lazy or insincere (i am using these words because they have been used for me, indirectly), just because the other person is little unorganised, irregular or not a morning person? I have always seen people who get up early criticising others for not being early birds? 
I don’t get it, just like your gender does not define your strength or weakness, in the same way your unorganised life should not bother anyone. I hate such judgementalists. I have only one thing to say to them, you only need a reason to look down upon others. 
I have seen most creative people in this world with the most unorganised sleep patterns and lives but still the excel. I am not trying to make a generalisation here that the regular ones do not make it to the top. Then why do they have to? I just don’t get this hypocrisy. 
Also, i have been told many times that I am boring or not so full of life because I don’t go out much. I don’t get it. I don’t like going out much. I need a place to converse with people I like, for that I don’t have to necessarily go to fancy places and eat. I can have the same conversation over a cup of tea (at a dhaba) then over a 300 rupees coffee. I don’t like fancy places, more importantly i don’t like the idea of travelling to far places. I donmt want to be criticised for my lifestyle. Please stop doing that. I go when i have to. I am just bursting with anger today, so I am stuck with this thing today. 
I am a person who likes mess, i like unorganised things, i like things when they are just lying around and not in their place. Order makes me feel chaotic and chaos in things makes me calm. How hard is it for people to understand? I just don’t get it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forced to be free

Currently, going through Rousseau’s discourse on Political Economy, and his work called the Social Contract. He is confusing me a lot. ...