Friday 12 October 2018

Day 27

Too tiring!! I have been up for too long and I was not expecting to give in this much of effort to this project. But I had to, no other option. I said yesterday I have some things to say.
One of my good friends, texted me asking how I was?? I met him through facebook only and we have met twice or thrice. And since then we have been good friends. I tell him things quite openly. Generally, i do not hide my feelings or opinions from anyone. So i never had a problem telling him anything. He knows I loose interest in things easily or you could say I have not found my true passion for anything. I have been switching from this course to another and professions also for years now. 
People here do not accept that easily. It might have been more acceptable somewhere else. So he asked me about my plans on marriage. I said I do not know yet. He said I fear that you will not stick to him (my boyfriend). I asked him why do you think so?? I wanted to know why anybody would think like that about me even after knowing me so well?? He said because you give up on everything. 

I know I do that but I was astounded and sad with that reply. I do not know whether it is a problem, something normal or abnormal? I once watched this video, Ted talks video which was forwarded by a friend. It talked about multitalented people. 
It talked about how I was not abnormal but multitalented, which was something normal for people like me. Though, I try hard to believe hard in this but there are so few people to support it that i am not confident about it anymore. And, when questions and expressions like this come my way from friends, i again turn melancholic. I am back from where i started, still trying to understand what really life means to me and how I would want to live it and spend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forced to be free

Currently, going through Rousseau’s discourse on Political Economy, and his work called the Social Contract. He is confusing me a lot. ...