Monday 15 October 2018

Day 30- A month ago

Hey!
It is the 30th day. I did this for the whole month, a good start!! 
It was an enlightening day, got to know a side of myself I had never seen before. You always know new things about yourself with every passing day. Journey is not only about exploring life and others but also about finding yourself. I feel I am on track. Touchwood!!
It is 15th today, no 16th, I did not notice it is already past 12. Tomorrow is mummy's birthday. I have never been much of a gift giving person, only to very close ones. But this year I gifted things to many people I would have never bothered otherwise and also took gifts from some I did not want to. This is the reason I hate taking and giving gifts. It becomes an obligation after a time and I hate it.
Most of the people close to me, their birthdays fall in these months, so these days are little special for me. I have been thinking of writing a letter to Akshay for a long time. Only thing i fear is that he will probably not reply and that will break my heart. I have always wanted to write letters to someone, who would reciprocate in the same way. But never found anyone. There is an old time charm about letters.
I watched this serial once, 'Durr-e-Shehwar', it had a sequence of letter exchange between a father and a daughter. I just loved the way they exchanged their in depth feelings and love through letters. I was in the awe of it for a long time, and I still am.
I started hating letters when I had to write letters to my  chacha and chachi forcibly. I always wanted to write to someone i could relate to and writing to them was a big burden. I was quite young back then, perhaps im 5th or 6th standard and i was asked to write letters to them, telling them how I missed them and blah blah. Some day i will tell you the story, why i was made to write those letters. But this didnot mean i hated letter writing, i loved it but never got a chance to write them to right kind of people.
I also loved this movie I watched once, the name I cannot recall right now, in it two strangers start to exchange letters through pobox and become pen pals for life. I haven't found my pen pal yet but the hunt is on.
Bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forced to be free

Currently, going through Rousseau’s discourse on Political Economy, and his work called the Social Contract. He is confusing me a lot. ...