Sunday 16 September 2018

JNU toh ‘Lal’ hai

JNU toh ‘Lal’ hai 

It is my third day here today. I am very late in posting. I have lost the key to my table drawer actually. And, it has all the things i need everyday. Aargggghhh.. i hate it. 
Anyways i can only do something about it tommorow morning only. 

All I can talk about today is jnu elections. Last night around 12 we (me and two of friends) went out to see how the counting was coming along. We were getting messages like one student was kidnapped by some abvp goons (according to the story). And other than that lot of texts were coming in about how violent and scary the atmosphere was getting and, bsf, police and riot action force were on the campus to keep a check. 

I do not want to support or oppose any party. But I really feel politics is a dirty mess. It is this one thing which you should strictly keep your distance from. I mean, normal emapthetic humans get turned into these selfish bastards ( like crazy, violent men Hobbes feared), who would go to any extent to win elections. They will spread rumors, exploit emotions, lie, cheat, bribe, backstab and turn violent etc. etc. 

This is what I have hated so far the most in JNU, the politics of jnu. May be that very thing has only made jnu but i personally do not appreciate it. It is not constructive, and deeply depressing once you get even a bit involved in it. This time if somebody asks me that who I supported, I would say NOTA. 

That was the only genuine option after seeing the hypocrises of all the parties play around as shamelessly as any habitual criminal.  On one side, ABVP was trying to provocate Left by the gundas (students actually), they had called from DU and the grass was not any greener on the other side also.After escalating the situation to a    Violent level, left backed off to earn the sympathy votes. Both the parties were together at fault for this whole drama. 

In the end, JNU once again was painted ‘Lal’ all over. This time abvp was defeated with a much worse margin then the last time. Who so ever wins, ain’t any change is going to come into my life, at jnu. Whether abvp would have won or Left alliance ( like they did), i would have still lost my key and would have still spent half the day looking for it. 


Yes, one thing I want to add is, though I am not any fan of jnu politics or any party but I do like their ‘ Lal Salam’ a lot, it is inspiring in a way I will never be able to explain. Infact, the whole sloganeering process during these peak times, i enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forced to be free

Currently, going through Rousseau’s discourse on Political Economy, and his work called the Social Contract. He is confusing me a lot. ...