Thursday 20 September 2018

You never stay the same!!

It feels good when you do not feel negative about anyone and anything. This is one of those days, when you only feel pleasant. No hard feelings!! I had a hearty chat with two very impportant ( well, for me atleast) people.

And all this made me wonder about one thing ‘why do we get so negative and that too so often?’ Years back, when I was in the first year of my engineering, one of my friends gave a glass of water which was half filled and asked me to describe it? I said it is half empty. And she told me this explains that you tend to get negative easily. Before that I had always thought pf myself as a very positive person. I brushed it off with a joke but over the years I have recalled this incident again and again to judge others and myself. 

She was not wrong I am negative but I guess we all are. There are days when I am not in the mood and I see glass as half empty and then there are days like today, when I see the glass as half full. And, I have only been able to make one conclusion that there will be both kind of days in life. So better not put you through this tough binary and try to always think of yourself as a positive person. It is just the attitude that matters and it evolves over time. You won’t be always the same. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Forced to be free

Currently, going through Rousseau’s discourse on Political Economy, and his work called the Social Contract. He is confusing me a lot. ...