Wednesday 19 September 2018

Art of Speed Reading

No
Clue! 
What do I write about!? 
Yes, I could talk about the art of reading books in a small amount of time. As you know there are infinte number of books on the earth and as a lover of reading, I would want to read all of those books (there are many like me who would think along those lines). But how can I finish all these books with so much to do and such a short life. 

So, I have a trick to read fast, which one of my teachers shared with me. It is very simple and it hardly takes an hour or so, if interesting it may take more time. And trust me I am not talking about novels, those books can be mostly judged by their summaries available online these days. This one is about reading books on varied genres politics, sociology, philosophy etc. etc. You go througj the introduction chapter and further as long as you are able to find the main argument the author is trying to make. Once you find it, you can go to the conclusion chapter to find something to support that argument. Or you can read first two paras of every chapter after introduction so that you get a rough idea of how he proves his point. 

If it would be a good book, you would bother reading it fully. But if it is an avearage book, this activity will save you a lot of time for good books. You will get the crux of the book in much less time and you could always count it as one of your read books. 

I am reading ‘Sophie’s World’, i will write about it once I finish but so far I have liked it. It is simple yet conveys such deep thoughts. 


Try this activity for yourself. Happy reading!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forced to be free

Currently, going through Rousseau’s discourse on Political Economy, and his work called the Social Contract. He is confusing me a lot. ...