Thursday 13 June 2019

Day -71 Facebook Affair

One monumental discovery that changed our lives forever. Facebook. I still remember the day, i first joined facebook. It was in 2009 or 2010. I was in school then. I had so many school friends to add and i did receive few welcomes on my facebook wall. I had never used orkut ( the one before facebook), so all this was new and fascinating to me. Though that first account was hacked within few months and i made a new one which i use till the date.

First 2 or 3years of facebook were like any new relationship. It was honeymoon period. I posted a new status almost everyday. I loved the likes and comments. I replied to every single comment and like. I had this fear of posting pictures on fb, which i got over soon. And then even a picture was uploaded every few weeks.
The random posts you get tagged into, i was happy about them as well. The friend requests, chats, everything was so new and charming. I did make two or three random facebook friends (complete strangers), who are my friends till date. The likes or comments from the guy (changed very frequently) i crushed on would make my day.
Then came the games. I loved poker and that puzzle game and also that farm game. I was addicted to them. Whoever wanted to talk to me, i would tell them to come and play poker because i was badly addicted to it. I still love poker. I have the zynga poker app even now. Play it from time to time.

Slowly like every relationship, my love for facebook faded away. I deactivated my account for almost  an year. Even now i keep activating and deactivating it. Mostly it is deactivated. I hardly chat with anyone. Updating a status is history now. Likes and comments mean nothing now. How this change came? I don’t know. But my love affair with facebook is over now. But like every other relationship, a soft corner will always be there for it (like there will always be one for ex-crushes, bfs and friends).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forced to be free

Currently, going through Rousseau’s discourse on Political Economy, and his work called the Social Contract. He is confusing me a lot. ...