Monday 11 February 2019

Day 64- Beauty of travelling lies in the journey, not in the destination

I was growing through someone’s post which said the beauty of travelling lies in the journey. And it took me back to all those times when i have avoided travelling because i hated sitting on a seat for hours and hours. 
I would keep checking my phone and distance on google maps. I never tried to look through the windows at the world which is not always at its best  but this where it’s very beauty lies. 
It was not always like this. I still remember some of my bus and train journeys when i started travelling alone. I would revel in those lone journeys where i met some strangers and had wonderful conversations with them. In those few travels i learned a lot about things and peole. And then i started my job as a reporter, it took away all the fun away. I was made to roam around delhi the whole day with one week day off. I had seen Delhi, it’s routes, places, buildings. I went on the streets i would have never got a chance to see otherwise. But the problem was i was rushing through them to reach somewhere, there were time constraints and i never got to really see those places and roads. Because i was too busy thinking about the puropse i was going for i.e the destination. I never learned the true meaning of those lonely journeys. I was suppose to notice how wide the roads were, how green the trees were, kinds of people came across on those routes, learn their stories from their face. But i missed put on all this. I have never been able to travel with such enjoyment since then. All i am busy thinking is; what kind of person is sitting besides me or how much time is it going to take or how comfortable the seat is. I have lost my patience for long routes. It is sad sometimes. 

This makes me think that things you enjoy  should be treated as hobbies only and you should never make them your profession. Otherwise you will lose the adventure in them. 



1 comment:

Forced to be free

Currently, going through Rousseau’s discourse on Political Economy, and his work called the Social Contract. He is confusing me a lot. ...