Monday 18 February 2019

Fucked up Life in a fucked up world

It is a happy picture.
My watsapp, facebook dp.
But is it me everyday? No, i guess not.
Then why do i put up a happy face for everyone around?

It is a sweet smile.
I flash it to everyone i see everyday.
I have it on my face every day.
But is it me everyday? No, i guess not.
Then why do i not frown when i see people i don’t like?

It is a formal ‘i am good’.
My mother calls me up everyday and asks this question.
I reply with a good everyday.
Then why do i say it even on days i am not good?

It is an excited hi and a follow up conversation.
I have few of these everyday.
I do not like or feel like doing them everyday.
Be it with family, boyfriend or friends.
Still i do.
Then why do i do it when all i want to tell everyone is to shut the fuck up for a while, for a day.

It is a formal empathy.
I see someone sad and i try to console them.
I tell them i feel bad for them.
I do not agree with them at all or i am not pained with their pain.
Then why do i not smile over their face and just leave them where they are?

It is a fucked up life, fucked up world.
Too many faces, too many characters, too many smiles too flash.
Not one means truly anything.
Still i have to do it everyday and around everyone.
Because i live a fucked up life in a fucked up world.
And, I cannot just escape all this.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Forced to be free

Currently, going through Rousseau’s discourse on Political Economy, and his work called the Social Contract. He is confusing me a lot. ...