Saturday 3 November 2018

Day 42 - travelling

I hate travelling. I think it is the worst thing in this world. I want everything to be nearby or at a walking distance. I do not like the idea of travelling in a moving car, train, bus or two wheeler. It has not always been the same, there was a time i loved the journeys, now i don't. I think it comes with age, as you age, you tend to like movement or change of any kind, less.

There was a time when i would travel overnight and would still be active yhe next day. I liked the hustle bustle in lofe, crazy timings, odd sleep hours and 3-4 hours sleep was also enough. But now it is different, i like stability, a routine, continuous disruptions bother me a lot, i definitely need 8 hours sleep. Recently i had to appear for an exam, for that i had to go to Mathura, I had a train at 5.50 in the morning from Nizzamudin railway station. I would have reached the exam centre by 8.30 and 3xam started at 9.30 am. There was another exam in the afternoon and 2 hours waiting time in between. In the evening, i was suppose to take a bus back to Delhi.
The day before the train i did not sleep till 5, because i usualy do not sleep before 5. At 5, i had already reached the station but i was feeling sleepy. I called up two of my friends and told them i did not want to go for the exam, as all i wanted to do then was to sleep. They told me that if do not feel like going then i should not. Because i told them i would sleep during the exam or i will not get up in the train itself in 2 hours and would just miss the station. Finally, i cancelled my ticket at the station itself and by 6 in the morning i was back in hostel.

Something like this i woudl have never done an year or two back. But i did now. The paper is not the matter, it is about my changing personality.  Have i become more cautious and rigid about things. Have i lost my risk taking ability?? Did i not trust myself to be safe anywhere? I like few things about the new me but some i seriously don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forced to be free

Currently, going through Rousseau’s discourse on Political Economy, and his work called the Social Contract. He is confusing me a lot. ...