Saturday 11 November 2017

The God of Small things

Arundhati Roy, you are brilliant. You have written something beyond my expectation. I don't know why I took so many years to buy 'God of Small Things'. It was a beautiful little book.

There was no story and yet every small thing tells a story. The God of Small things, or The God of Loss, it was all about those little small things ignored in life. Never knew all those small things had the power to tell an intriguing tale of their own. Ammu, Rahel, Estha and Velutha, are hanging by my side, telling me their small stories with every minute passing by. It was a poem. The whole book was rhyming. It was like a long piece of poetry, whose melody would not let me stop. It is true the great stories are those, whose story is already known but they grab your attention, every single time you hear or read them. You have given us one such tale. The characters are confounding and rebellious. They tell you a tale with their own perspective. It is hard to hate the antagonist too because it was demanded of her, otherwise it's beauty would have been lost. Truly a master piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forced to be free

Currently, going through Rousseau’s discourse on Political Economy, and his work called the Social Contract. He is confusing me a lot. ...