Tuesday 21 July 2015

That girl looking for an umbrella

I was sitting near my train compartment window
Staring out at those black rooftops
Then I saw a little girl looking gay in her red floral frock

The sky was cloudy and the rain was about to start
She was looking for an umbrella allover in the house

Rain droplets were touching her two long plaits
She was scared of her dress getting wet
Her friends were waiting for her on the roadside

All set for school, but the poor umbrella was nowhere in sight
Her mother was washing utensils in the middle of that downpour
Finally she got up, went inside that black rooftop house

She came back holding a black umbrella in her hand
Seeing that a smile erupted on the girls face
She went out to her friends singing and dancing with that black umbrella in her hands

The irksome rain no longer worried that girl
And I sitting inside my compartment, unaffected by the rain shower
Looking for that happy girl was still dreading the rain without any valid thought

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forced to be free

Currently, going through Rousseau’s discourse on Political Economy, and his work called the Social Contract. He is confusing me a lot. ...