Monday 26 September 2016

I wish to live...

Sometimes it is best to be quite. That is exactly how I feel these days,  I wish to be quite. I don't want to talk to anyone or  about anything. But will people around me let me stay quite? No they won't.  If I speak they have an issue with that and if I don't they have an issue with that too. I want to be the best judge of my actions. But even when I approve of my actions,  it is the approval of people I seek the most.
I live alone and I am free to spend my life anyway I want.  But there is always a But. I cannot live freely till the time I live with people around me. Because they would want to point fingers at every inch of my private life. I am a bird who has been set free but his wings were chipped long back.
I wish to breathe freely.  I need to be  somewhere,  where people would not ask me whether I eat or live on water. I would not want people to tell me to loose or gain weight. I would not want people to tell me whether I should be a veg or non veg. I would not want them to predict whether I am single or with five. I don't want anyone to raise brows over my drink. I would not want them to make guesses about my virginity. I don't want a particular neighbor to keep a tab over my timings. I would not want anyone to call me a slut just because I have too many opposite sex friends. And I don't want people, I meet for the first time to take my frankness as my weakness. I wish to be a person with a free will. I would not want people to make comments over my family background just because they saw me puffing away some smoke. I don't wish people to think I am open just because my partner is not around. I don't wish them to take me as an option but  as a person I am. I wish they would see my personality and not my gender.
Live,  love, drink,  enjoy that is what i wish to do without a care for the world. But I won't be able to say that I don't care. Because I do. I care about when people dislike me. I will care about them passing remarks over me. I would be bothered about  there comments and opinions. I will get hurt with all the rumours that they would spread about me.  I will care when I will be isolated. I will care because I live here.  I live here to live and not to spend this life as a loner. I care and I cannot deny it no matter how much I deny it. All i wish is people to accept me as I am and the kind of life I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forced to be free

Currently, going through Rousseau’s discourse on Political Economy, and his work called the Social Contract. He is confusing me a lot. ...